Create colorful ornaments and decorations with these beginning level folding patterns.
Print these paper patterns on regular white or colored paper. The outlined butterfly shapes for children can be useful for creating crochet, embroidery, latch-hook rugs, wood work, stencil and other personal art projects.
Materials to Have Available:
- Plain or colored paper or colored foam sheets
- Child-sized scissors
- Colored markers or Crayola crayons
- Glitter glue
- foam sheets for soft ornaments.
- Print the butter fly pattern on a regular sized piece of paper (or trace the design onto colored foam sheet) then paper fold in half along the dotted lines
- Cut out the butterfly along the solid lines
- Unfold the paper to view your butterfly
- Decorate the butter fly with markers or crayons
- Add lines and curves of glitter glue, and any other decorations such as confetti (or small cuttings of colored paper), small feathers,sequins, etc.
- Make many different butter flies and hang them up in your windows